Taster Morning (21st May) Timetable
10-10.15am Welcome from the Heads of the Lower School Leighton and Helen and a special introduction from our students
10.15-10.45am Science with Ben
10.45-11.15am Film and Media with Mark
11.15-11.45am Maths with Constantine
11.45-12.15pm Art with Carmel
12.15-12.30pm Q&A with Leighton and Helen
“At Rochester it’s really easy to fit in and make friends. People come from so many different backgrounds and there aren’t the same pressures to conform. I’ve never been so happy at school.”Current Student
Lower School Key Features
• Academically non-selective. There are no school entrance tests.
• High performing, RIC’s exam results regularly match or exceed those of highly selective schools.
• Small classes with lots of individual attention (average 8, maximum 12).
• No school uniform. A friendly, inclusive atmosphere.
• Academic and creative. Emphasis is firmly on core subjects but with an unusually wide variety of creative arts subjects.
“I should like to say how amazing you all are at RIC. Your communication throughout has been fantastic, and your stance has been measured and sensible. When we picked RIC for our son less than 2 years ago, we knew we’d found a gem, and this only serves to reinforce that belief. Thank you for everything you are doing for our children and for how you are responding to the ever-changing situation. As a governor in a primary school, I know what a challenge this is for schools.”Year 8 Parent
Sixth Form Tasters
We also arrange informal taster days for our sixth form on an individual basis throughout the year so please click here to contact us or email email@example.com to book or to find out more.