Form 8b took part in a project called ‘Pursue Your Passion’ during some of their form time this year.
‘Pursue Your Passion’ (PYP) is a way for students to focus on something they love, research it and create an end project such as a presentation. This can be written or documented in other ways (such as video or website) or a combination of ways. It has the feel of a University-style assignment – a great way to up-skill their academic approach.
By focusing on one of their passions, students get to explore in depth, meaning that they will produce a good level of analysis and helping them think about how to present AND what they might be interested in studying further. It also gives them a chance to engage with a potential career path, opening up options for work experience with potential visits to businesses/charities etc as part of the project. Naturally, with lockdown restrictions, students were not able to visit anywhere but some of them did reach out to experts to help them with their research.
- Website about BMXing from Elsa
- Website about fishing from Jacob
- Website about set-design from Aayla
- Essay about Biodiversity from Leo
- Presentation script-writing from Elliot
- Photography presentation from Robert
- Website about football kit colours from Josep